At Big Oak Adventures we are passionate about a few small things that have the potential to make a big difference:
- See the good in other people and tell them
- Welcome all people from different walks of life and treat everyone with equal respect and dignity
- Create an environment where people can feel safe enough to be themselves and be open to learn through their experiences
- Facilitate learning rather than just give information
- Have a team that is living out a calling rather than just doing a job
- Build programs and offer services to our clients that will serve them and help people reach their full potential
- Base everything we do on Christian values and principles in an interdenominational environment
Big Oak Adventures cc started operating in December 2010 and is owned by De la Harpe & Heidi de Villiers. De la Harpe & Heidi celebrated their 24th year in the industry. They were trained in the US and have vast experience presenting camps at a professional level. Heidi has her Masters Degree in Psychology and De la Harpe completed his WLP (Wilderness Leadership Practicum) training in the USA.
Our passion is the youth of South Africa from all walks of life and our aim is to serve communities, schools, churches and youth organizations by helping them to equip their youth to reach their full potential in a multi-cultural and inter-denominational environment. We take a relational approach and strongly believe in experiential learning.
Our heart’s desire is to see young people come to know and love Christ. God has given us hope and when we consider what our lives looked like without that hope, we aim to help others discover that hope for themselves. We never preach that or force what we believe on anybody… we live it!
BIG OAK ADVENTURES